Applications are now open to Grade 6 learners in Cape Town for the Students for a Better Future Scholarship Programme. The Programme gives academically gifted learners with financial need, the opportunity to excel at some of the best high schools in Cape Town and begin a life-changing educational journey.
TO APPLY, APPLICANT LEARNERS MUST:
- Be in Grade 6 in 2020
- Be born on or after 01 January 2008
- Have achieved a minimum 70% Aggregate AND 70% for Maths AND 70% for English in Grade 5 Final Examinations AND Grade 6 Term 1 Assessments
- Demonstrate financial need: Household income not more than R17 000 (1 child dependent), R20 000 (2 child dependents), R23 000 (3 or more child dependents)
- Live within 30km of SBF offices in Newlands
The following supporting documents must accompany the online application:
- Grade 5 Final Report
- Grade 6 Term 1 Report
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate
- Proof of study visa if not South African
- Both parents’/guardian’s ID copies with valid visa/proof residency if not South African
- Both parents’/guardian’s proof of income (most recent payslip/employment letter/unemployment affidavit/self-employment affidavit/proof of SASSA grant)
Please make sure these documents are available before starting your online application process.
More documents may be requested for shortlisted candidates.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Comprehensive developmental support services
- School fees for five years of high school
- A yearly stipend for books, stationery, uniforms and extra-murals
SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US AT: firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 419 3383
Start Application Return to Website
*** Please Note ***
If you have previously started an application, you may access it by following the link below to login again.
Once logged in, select APPLICATIONS on the top menu and then click the green ‘profile’ icon on far right to continue.
Continue Existing Application